Sunday, March 8, 2009

Signs of life!

[Photo: mystery moss.]Now that the snow is finally melting after a long (i.e. normal) Canadian winter, every little sign of green is exciting to me. This moss in the cracks between the pavers seems if anything more lush than it was last year. p[Photo: sprouts pushing through snow.]I love these little guys, whatever they are, for so bravely pushing up through the snow. I think they are Muscari. [Photo: red mystery shoots.]I think these pretty red shoots are peony. (I did have everything labelled last fall but a lot of the labels got knocked around. I blame the dogs.) [Photo: mystery shoots.]These could be almost anything. Maybe my 'Angelique' tulips? [Photo: more mystery shoots.]I think these little guys are Iris reticulata 'Cantab'. [Photo: strawberry???]Last but certainly not least, a couple of these plants mysteriously showed up where last year we had Matricaria recutita (chamomile) and Cosmos bipinnatus 'Gazebo Red'. Obviously it is neither of those. In fact it looks like strawberry to me! I've asked the experts at Dave's Garden Plant and Tree Identification Discussion Forum for an ID.

I'll be making separate posts for the plants that I definitely recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin