Friday, March 19, 2010

Natives in our garden

Andrew Keys at Garden Smackdown is calling on bloggers to list the native plants in our gardens. Here's what's currently growing in our garden:

[Photo: Erigeron annuus flowers.]

Volunteered or planted before we moved in and thriving

[Photo: Asclepias tuberosa flowers.]

Planted by me and thriving for a couple of years

[Photo: Gaillardia aristata blooms.]

Planted by me last year, don't know if they survived the winter

Planted by me and died

[Photo: Verbena stricta in flower at High Park.]

Attempting to grow from seed this year

What natives are you growing in your garden?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the challenge, Rosemary, and thanks for reading my blog! I'm continually impressed at the lists of folks who participate, and yours is no exception. I'm trying golden alexanders from seed this year too! I loved reading the names in French as well -- such a pretty language. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Congratulations! You are growing some that I might not be able to grow here because of our warm winters. Tried wintergreen too last year but I think it is too dry in the Ozark plateau, I might try it again this year in a moister spot. Visit my blog for my partial list!

    http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary, that's an impressive list of natives! I can see you've been a very busy bee. Kudos to you for your commitment to planting natives. The world certainly needs more gardeners like you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin