Saturday, February 28, 2009

Seedy Saturday native plant seed haul!

[Photo: packets of native plant seeds purchased at Seedy Saturday]Just got back from my first Seedy Saturday. It was very vegetable-oriented, which I expected, and very crowded and noisy, which I didn't expect. But I got some great native plant seeds:

From the North American Native Plant Society, at the unbeatable price of 50 cents a packet:

  • Eupatorium perfoliatum (boneset)
  • Eupatorium purpurea (sweet Joe Pye weed)
  • Helenium autumnale (sneezeweed)
  • Lobelia syphilitica (great blue lobelia)
  • Verbena stricta (hoary vervain)
  • Zizia aurea (golden Alexander)

From Wall Flower Studio Seeds:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the venue, Artscape Wychwood Barns, includes a greenhouse, where the trays of seedlings lifted my sprits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin